Old people tend to have a problem walking once they cross a certain age. While some also suffer from the problem of Shuffling gait. Shuffling Gait increases the chances of fall during the walk and you need support to walk properly.
To prevent shuffling gait issues people buy some particular shoe specifically designed for preventing the gait issue. These shoes should be of the low heel with a thin sole plus they should be water-resistant to avoid the shuffling of feet during walking.
Amazon has a wide range of best shoes for shuffling gait. They have the relevant technology in the shoe with important features along with a budget-friendly price. Let us first understand what is a shuffling gait.
- What is a Shuffling Gait?
- Things to check in shoes before buying for Shuffling Gait
- Best Shoes For Shuffling Gait – Reviews
- 1. Under Armour Women's HOVR Infinite 3 Running Shoe
- 2. Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk Slip-On For Shuffling Gait
- 3. Hush Puppies Women's Power Walker Ii Loafer For Shuffling Gait
- 4. Aravon Women's Clarissa Fisherman Sandals
- 5. PUMA Women's Riaze Prowl Sneaker for Shuffling Gait
- 6. Vibram Men's KSO EVO Cross Training Shoe For Shuffling Gait
- 7. Orthoshoes Women's Diabetic Elderly Shuffling Gait Shoes
What is a Shuffling Gait?
Shuffling gait is a disorder especially found in elderly people. It is a problem in which a person drags their feet to walk properly. They find difficulty in taking steps.
In shuffling gait, a person’s steps are also shorter and they tend to have restricted movements while walking. A person with shuffling gait problems is prone to fall very often.
The shuffling gait can be improved with some exercises or walking daily. However, an accurately designed shoe to improve the suffering gait is the first and foremost thing you need to buy.
Things to check in shoes before buying for Shuffling Gait
- Height of heels- lower heels are effective for shuffling gait.
- Sole density- soft or thick soles need more muscle strength while walking, however thin and hard soles should be preferred for shuffling gait as it stabilizes the feet.
- Slip-resistance- Extra traction or friction can worsen the gait so choose the heel which has a relevant amount of slip resistance for your gait.
- Insoles- choose the shoe with a BalancePro technology as its raised edge insoles decrease the fall rate by almost none.
Best Shoes For Shuffling Gait – Reviews
- Engineered mesh upper is extremely lightweight & breathable, with strategic support where you need it
- Internal heel counter for additional support that helps keep the back of the foot locked-in place
- Die-cut, full-length EVA sockliner molds to the foot, eliminating slippage & providing ideal underfoot comfort
The Under Armour Women’s HOVR shoe is great when it comes to shuffling gait problems. The shoe has a rubber sole material and the closure type of the shoe is lace-up. The upper layer is engineered mesh which is breathable and lightweight. Also, it provides the relevant support to make the foot locked in place.
The Under Armour shoe has a full-length EVA sockliner to mould the foot avoiding slippage and offering ideal underfoot comfort.
The deep flex grooves of the shoe provide accurate flexibility in the main areas. It has carbon rubber pods beneath the heel to give amazing traction plus reliability.
The shoe can be connected to UA MAPMYRUN to trace & assess your running period to make you a better runner.
Plus the UA HOVR technology gives a ‘zero gravity feel’ to protect energy return that enables exclude impact. In addition, it contains a compression mesh energy web that includes and moulds UA HOVR foam to return the energy you put in.
- Lightweight Resalyte cushioning
- The "W" stands for women's
The sketcher brand is globally known for its trendy designed footwear for women and men plus it has won several awards introducing the top quality footwear with great durability.
The Skechers Women Go Walk Slip are very good for shuffling gait. It has a closure type with a full-on band. The sole of the sketches is synthetic, lightweight and the cushioning is resalyte slip-on.
This Skechers is extremely comfortable with a nice cushioning heel and provides excellent support while walking and to avoid shuffling gait. Also, this Skechers performance women Go Walk slip-on is also designed with great materials and affordable price.
- Full grain leather uppers
- Dri-Lex socklining for climate control
- Removable molded footbed
The Hush Puppies Loafer fabric is pure 100% leather with a sole material synthetic. It has a Dri-Lex socklining for climate control. The loafer has a removable moulded footbed. It is also considered as the 5 eyelet walking shoe.
The Hush Puppies Women’s Power Walker loafer has a bounce technology outsole. It is a dual-density outsole that releases energy with every step by consuming and redistributing shock. The shoe is also PDAC approved.
- Closed-toe sandal featuring wedge heel and twisted straps at toe
- Adjustable hook-and-loop strap at ankle
- Removable cork and ethylene vinyl acetate footbed
Aravon knows the exact footwear women need in their life and they have been producing it with top quality as well as with great budget. The footwear adds to your style plus they are also great for your well being of the foot.
This Aravon Women Clarissa Fisherman sandal is designed in a very unique style and is perfect for shuffling gait. The fabric of the sandal is 100% leather with a synthetic sole material. It has a platform heel and is 0.5 inches in length.
The Aravon Sandal is closed around the toe with a wedge heel plus twisted straps at the toe. In addition, it has a hook and loops the adjustable strap around the ankle. The Sandal also contains an ethylene-vinyl acetate footbed with a breathable lining and removable cork.
- Advanced lacing structure with straps extending from midsole for extra support
- Rubber outsole for durability and optimal traction
- EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning
Puma has been a known brand in footwear products for many years and this Puma Women’s Riaze Prowl Sneaker is perfect for people suffering from shuffling gait. The fabric type of the Sneaker is 100% synthetic.
The sole material of the shoe is rubber with a lace-up closure type. While the shoe has 0 resistance level it has a cell technology called cell raize. Cell riaze is all about the best cushioning, excellent comfort and amazing style to add to your classy look.
The Puma Riaze Prowl Sneakers has an advanced lacing structure along with straps starting from the midsole to offer extra support.
The outsole provides reliability and relevant traction needed while working. It has an EVA midsole for offering lightweight cushioning.
- Manmade and mesh upper for a glove-like fit
- Bungee lace closure for a secure fit
- Individual toe slots help deliver a natural running motion
The Vibram Men’s KSO EVO Shoes help improve the shuffling gait issue. The shoe has a textile fabric type with a rubber sole material. The shaft height of the shoe is from low to top. The Vibram Shoe is max-feel vegan plus it is safe with machine dry air or cold wash.
The Vibram Men’s Kso shoe has an XS TREK sole which is a technical compound, it offers you the needed flexibility and traction even on wet surfaces. The shoe gives you the max articulation and it is lightweight to offer support in walking properly.
Also, the shoe has an EVA Drylex sockliner with upper polyester mesh material PU film protection. The Vibram constructs the products with unique performance to experience the enriching feel to wear its footwear.
The XS TREK compound in this Vibram Men’s KSO shoe provides optimal balance with traction and reliability.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE - These womens diabetic shoes are light enough and sturdy enough. Upper are made from breathable material, perfect for All Seasons and outdoor activities. Stretch mesh upper expand with your foot when you walk. More comfortable closely fit to help you reduce irritation.
- EASY TO PUT ON & OFF - Forefoot straps are highly adjustable thanks to closures, the range of adjustment is ideal for changes in the degree of swelling. Wearing the extra width round toes walking shoes can help alleviate pressure on swollen feet, bunions, edema, diabetes or hammer toes.
- ULTIMATE COMFORT FEELING - A visible air cushion design to absorb shock, to provide a forgiving, easeful feel in every foot strike. Removable insole is cushioned for extra comfort and can accommodate custom orthotics or diabetic insoles. The lightweight and sturdy sole provides grip for both indoor and outdoor wear.
The Ortho Shoes are designed for diabetic elderly women who suffer from the problem of shuffling gait. This shoe is extremely light and large enough to put the feet comfortably on. The upper of the shoes are constructed with a breathable material, which is accurate for every season and outdoor activity.
The shoe has a closure type of hook and loop, also the stretch upper mesh expands when you walk along with your feet. The straps of the Ortho shoes are adjustable and prevent your feet from swelling.
The extra width round toes of the walking shoes will aid you to relieve pressure from swollen feet, bunions, edema, diabetes or hammertoes.
The shoe also has a visible air cushion design to consume shock to offer an easy feel in every footstep. The insole cushions placed inside the shoe are removable and provide extra comfort for diabetic or orthotics insoles.
The shoe is perfect for people suffering from feet or leg disorders and wants to improve their condition plus their walking comfort.
- How do you stop shuffling gait?
You can stop shuffling gait by simply walking to the beat of a metronome, or listening to music can reduce shuffling, increase walking speed plus decrease the freezing of gait.
- What is the ideal footwear to prevent falls?
Try to wear shoes with non-slip soles at home, avoiding socks or slippers will help prevent falls. Wear boots during winters plus avoid high heel or narrow heel shoes, stretched shoes and heavy shoes.
- What causes a person to shuffle their feet?
A slippery floor or rough surface or Parkinson's disease causes a person to shuffle their feet.
- How can I improve my shuffling feet?
You can do stretching exercises like flexing the feet which improves flexibility. Also, you can do yoga and some slow movements to improve shuffling feet.
While shuffling gait is a problem that needs immediate attention. And first, you need to select the proper shoe to make it a little better and comfortable while you walk on the streets.
Select the proper size and see the features to avoid further regrets about buying the wrong pair of shoes. It is important to try the shoe and walk for some time to see the improvement in the shuffling of your feet.
Special shoes have been produced by renowned brands for improving shuffling gaits, you just have to make the right move with the right shoe.