If ‘Best zero drop golf shoes’ is the thing you’ve searched for, then you’re in the right place. The best zero-drop golf shoes have become important, and the list has gained immense popularity.
Apart from being the best running shoes, these zero-drop running shoes are no less than an athlete’s shoes.
These zero-drop golf shoes feature heels and toes at the same level as the ground. There is no raised heel. This particular attribute in the zero drop shoes allows the feet to mimic more exactly how the foot would naturally move barefoot.
The zero-drop golf shoes have a ton of benefits for those golfers who want to make a perfect swing shot. These minimalistic pairs provide all the stability, balance and flexibility that a player is required for taking the shot.
Apart from that, the zero-drop shoes are made to prevent back, foot, and knee pain, allow for greater foot movement, are lighter in weight, reduce the risk of injury, and facilitate strengthening of the muscles.
- What are the Top 9 Best Zero Drop Golf Shoes – 2023 Review
- 1. New Balance Minimus Tour Waterproof Spiked Comfort – Low Drop Golf Shoes
- 2. Skechers GO GOLF Men's Max Golf Shoe – Best Zero Drop Wide Toe Box Shoes
- 3. Xero Shoes Men’s Prio Cross Training Shoe – Best Minimalist Golf Shoes
- 4. Adidas Adipower 4orged – Zero Heel Drop Golf Shoes
- 5. New Balance Men's Minimus SL Waterproof Spikeless Comfort Golf... – Best Minimalist Golf Shoes
- 6. ECCO BIOM H4 – ECCO Zero Drop Golf Shoes
- 7. Inov-8 Bare XF 210 V2 – Mens Zero Drop Golf Shoes
- 8. WHITIN Men’s Cross-Trainer– Barefoot Style Golf Shoes
- 9. New Balance Men's Nbg2004 – Barefoot Golf Shoes
- How To Choose Best Zero Drop Golf Shoes – Buyer’s Guide
- Benefits of Zero Drop Golf Shoes
What are the Top 9 Best Zero Drop Golf Shoes – 2023 Review
1. New Balance Minimus Tour Waterproof Spiked Comfort – Low Drop Golf Shoes
- Waterproof upper with ultralight FantomFit support
- REVlite 4mm drop midsole* provides lightweight cushioning & premium responsiveness
- Ultra-flexible NDurance rubber outsole
The New Balance minimus spiked comfort shoes are the best option for those golfers who love minimalist shoes for golf. The spike-featured pair gives you the exact stability for the course of action in golf.
The New Balance Men’s Minimus is made of 100% synthetic material, with an ultralight FantomFit support upper featuring waterproofing, which helps the wearer feel comfortable in every step.
The revlite 4 mm drop midsole is ignited to provide the lightweight cushioning flanked by premium responsiveness.
The added advantage is the ultra-flexible Ndurance rubber outsole, made to increase traction and keep the transition smooth for the movement. The wide toe box feature in the pair comes as a blessing and makes moments on their feet a lot easier.
The overall review of the new balance minimus pair is that they are well-constructed, waterproof, durable, light-weighted shoes that can be cleaned easily made for the perfect golf game.
2. Skechers GO GOLF Men's Max Golf Shoe – Best Zero Drop Wide Toe Box Shoes
- Skechers GOGA Max insole delivers enhanced high-rebound cushioning for all day comfort
- Durable Grip TPU Outsole with a spikeless bottom
The Go Golf Max Golf Shoes from Skechers are a boon to those who are waiting to make their firm landing on the golf course.
The pair from Skechers are enhanced with the innovative cushioning technology of the GOGA Max insole, which delivers enhanced high-rebound cushioning for all-day comfort.
The durable Grip TPU outsole with a spikeless bottom gives you the stability and flexibility to make your swing effortlessly. The water-resistant feature is an added advantage.
The lightweight athletic material used for producing these shoes lets you take your strides in total comfort without any heaviness. The responsive ultra flight outsole will keep you comfortable.
3. Xero Shoes Men’s Prio Cross Training Shoe – Best Minimalist Golf Shoes
- COMFORTABLE, FOR-EVERYTHING SHOE - Whether you’re out on a run, trying out a new trail, hitting the gym, or toeing a slackline, you’ll love the Prio’s combination of freedom and protection
- XERO DROP SOLE FOR PERFECT POSTURE - The Xero Drop sole offers a non-elevated heel and is low-to-the-ground - this allows proper posture, balance, and agility for all-round performance
- ULTRA-THIN BAREFOOT DESIGN - Wear with or without socks. The optional 2mm insole lets you have more or less of a “barefoot feel” depending on your mood
The Men’s Prio Cross Zero Drop shoes are a comfortable pair made for everything and anything. The all-in-one shoe can be worn for a run, playing sports, running errands or even casual events.
Trying out a new trail, hitting the gym, or toeing a slackline, you’ll be as comfy as anything in these good-looking shoes.
The wide toe boxed, non-elevated zero drop heels make a proper comfortable posture.
The ultra-thin design and the flexibility make your feet bend and move naturally. The pair can be worn with or without socks and run true to size for effectiveness.
A reflective lacing system reminiscent of the Huarache sandal secures your heel while making you feel grounded and safe.
4. Adidas Adipower 4orged – Zero Heel Drop Golf Shoes
- Breathable, water-repellent Climastorm with an external TPU stability heel counter and slightly rounded toe and wider forefoot
- Forged microfiber leather and textile upper with a thin TPU film
- Six-spike TPU outsole with secondary lugs with putting green-friendly low-profile Thintech EXP cleats
The brand itself talks tons and there’s no way of pointing fingers. The pioneer of the footwear industry has gotten into biomechanical research before making these pair of Adipower 4orged Golf shoes.
The shaft measures approximately low-top from arch along with an external TPU stability heel counter and slightly rounded toe and wider forefoot making the pair awesomely breathable.
The extremely flexible bounce forefoot cushioning with responsive midsole boost lets you take a perfect swing with immaculate balance and flexibility.
The added feature to the pair is the high-quality micro-fibre leather topped with TPU film, which makes the feet more stable. The six-spike TPU outsole enhanced with secondary lugs provides perfect traction.
The added feature is that the spikes were enhanced with secondary spikes for better traction. As mentioned earlier, this minimalistic pair from Adidas is definitely the perfect golf shoe you need.
5. New Balance Men's Minimus SL Waterproof Spikeless Comfort Golf... – Best Minimalist Golf Shoes
- Waterproof microfiber leather upper with ultralight FantomFit support
- REVlite 4mm drop midsole* provides lightweight cushioning & premium responsiveness
- Flexible NDurance spikeless rubber outsole
These New Balance pairs are made to bring you closer to the course and let you have a more natural feel and fit. The REVlite 4mm drop midsole is made to give you the comfort of lightweight cushioning and premium responsiveness without having to feel the weight.
The spike-less rubber outside is made with a rubber compound for maximum durability and is used in high-wear areas to provide a firm grip on all kinds of surfaces.
The ultra-light fantom fit upper on the waterproof microfiber leather provides support and fit for the feet.
They are made with waterproof material so that you can use these golf shoes even on a wet course.
The traction numbs added to the sole afford extra grip. New Balance offers a two-year waterproof warranty, so you can play all on the wet grounds.
6. ECCO BIOM H4 – ECCO Zero Drop Golf Shoes
- Crafted in durable ECCO leather with 100% GORE-TEX waterproof protection, so your feet stay dry
- BIOM NATURAL MOTION technology brings the player closer to the ground using an anatomical last
- ECCO MTN GRIP outsole provides stability, durability and rotational support through three different zones
ECCO has dropped a new set of zero-drop golf shoes named BIOM H4. They are especially made to experience the barefoot natural movement and the BIOM H4 perfectly does the required. The ortholite inlay sole can be removable and washable for long-term cushioning and enhanced breathing.
Snuggled with BIOM Natural motion technology the pair makes you feel very much grounded and the traction tugs on the hybrid soles provide an extra perfect grip.
ECCO has used X-Tensa invisible technology in the making of these shoes where the sole unit is linked to the laces through internal enforcement for enhanced stability.
The MTN grip outsole is made for rotational support through different zones and the waterproof protection makes you feel all dry and breathable.
7. Inov-8 Bare XF 210 V2 – Mens Zero Drop Golf Shoes
Taking the barefoot experience to the next level, these Inov-8 Bare XF 210 V2 versatile minimalist pair is lightweight, flexible and stylish.
The wide toe box allows your toes to spread out naturally without pressure, and the synthetic mesh makes it durable and breathable.
The flex groove technology snuggled into the making of the pair enhances flexibility in the forefoot with zero resistance.
The zero-drop heel with mid-cushioning lets you take the perfect shot without having to apply pressure. The sticky rubber compound provides better traction, making the pair the next best thing for lifting barefoot.
The pair can be worn for multi activities such as road and trail running, training and everything in between.
Instead of large sole, they provide mid cushioning, which helps with pressure absorption and can help you hit that perfect shot. These shoes have a wide toe-box which I shouldn’t have to tell how comfortable it feels.
8. WHITIN Men’s Cross-Trainer– Barefoot Style Golf Shoes
- A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax.
- Produced using animal free products and processes.
- Removable sockliner (insole) if you want a "more barefoot" feeling.
These are the only shoes on this list with the widest toe-box. I was really excited to try these shoes after reading about them. They are one of the best zero drop wide toes box shoes on the market.
These shoes come with a thin sole that is highly flexible. They keep you planted on all kinds of surfaces and increases your agility and also help to maintain a healthy body posture.
I was thoroughly impressed by their looks. A combination of black and grey colours is used, with a golden accent thrown on the sides to accentuate the whole look. They are also 100% vegan-friendly, which is something to admire.
I really liked the fit of these shoes. The comfort level is very high. That zero-drop sole and wide toes box are a treat for the feet. These barefoot golf shoes are extremely durable too.
These shoes are not only good for your feet but also for your wallet as they are cheaper than most zero-drop golf shoes.
9. New Balance Men's Nbg2004 – Barefoot Golf Shoes
- Waterproof microfiber leather upper with ultralight FantomFit support
- Exoskeleton TPU outsole designed to move with the natural motion of your foot
- REVlite 10mm drop midsole provides lightweight cushioning & premium responsiveness
You can grab these Nbg2004 for only their great design. The most awe-inspired design built-in with loads of features makes these New Balance Men’s Nbg2004 waterproof spiked golf shoes a perfect pick for your perfect shots.
The 10mm drop midsole provides lightweight cushioning and premium responsiveness that enhances the agility and stability of your sport. The microfiber leather upper and high-end TPU outsole give you a breathable natural moment for long hours without any discomfort.
The removable cleats are an added advantage with an added grip, and the waterproof technology lets you play your sport in the wet weather as well. And what not, New Balance provides a 2 year waterproof warranty to the pair, making it more plausible to buy.
How To Choose Best Zero Drop Golf Shoes – Buyer’s Guide
How often do you see commoners playing the golf game? A rare sight it is. But the elite sport has now become the mainstream game attracting everyone towards it.
You may think that I am exaggerating the importance of zero-drop shoes in basketball and golf sports, but an important aspect of the golf kit is the pair of shoes you choose. The guide helps you to know the important key features of buying the best golf shoes.
1. Is heel-to-toe drop important?
The majority of current shoes taper a lot, which is bad for your balance and posture. A higher drop can increase the risk of a knee injury. It is important that we land on our mid feet while walking or running. A minimal pair or the zero drop pair would just do that.
The most critical aspect in our walking or running is landing on mid-feet. Minimal to no heel-to-toe drop achieves just that.
2. Do you need golf shoes?
Any comfortable shoe would do fine if it’s just for covering your feet, but a lot of science and technology goes behind making shoes for a very certain categories, so picking up shoes as per the requirement is of utmost importance.
Golf shoes are manufactured based on the aspects of providing comfort, flexibility, traction and stability. Zero Drop Golf Shoes are inbuilt with these features so the answer is you need golf shoes while playing the sport.
3. Do pro golfers use metal spikes?
The spikes on the golf shoes are mostly made of non-metal. Spikes used to be made of metal, but they posed a danger to the greens in times of frost and so were banned from certain courses. Golfers need to wear soft spikes, but during tournaments, players have the option to wear metal spikes for better grip if they wish.
4. Can you waterproof golf shoes?
You can always waterproof your golf shoes. But there are good numbers of waterproof golf shoes available for your option, from which you can directly make your purchase.
5. Do golf shoes make a difference?
Golf shoes are made with the features of traction, stability, and comfort, the most important aspects required in golf shoes. So it is preferable to opt for golf shoes for the sport as they fit the best. Zero drop shoes accelerate your gameplay with the profits that they provide.
Do swings become flat because of zero-drop golf shoes?
It all depends on the practice. When a player is so used to the game in other shoes and shifts to zero drop shoes abruptly, it may affect the game-play. It is always important to get used to the pair first, in fact, with any new set of pairs.
Benefits of Zero Drop Golf Shoes
As you know by now, the zero drop trend has been in golf shoes for quite a few years now. I can say that it is here to stay.
There are some good and bad things about these shoes. So let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of these shoes.
In regular shoes, high heel helps a lot in generating force, so when you remove those, it’s hard for some players to generate enough power for a perfect swing.
There are some frequently asked questions regarding zero-drop golf shoes. I’ll try to address them below.
- What are zero drop shoes good for?
Zero drop shoes are good for allowing natural movement of your feet. The whole trend started because modern shoes create a strain on your muscles and feet.
Because there is no heel-to-toe drop, you feel more balanced and planted on the ground. Your posture improves, and all the stress is relieved from your legs.
In some cases, brands design barefoot golf shoes. They come with a thin sole, which gives that barefoot feeling that people admire.
They can also help you regain the natural strength in your legs. Most modern shoes try to do the work our legs are supposed to do, which slowly makes our legs weaker. Zero drop shoes avoid that and allow us to do natural movements.
- Are zero drop shoes better?
The answer to this question is a bit tricky and also subjective. A lot of people can never get used to zero-drop shoes. So unless you try them out, you can't know for sure.
You need a lot of patience as it takes time to get used to these shoes. There have been quite a few studies proving their benefits, but not definitive enough to give a conclusive answer.
Overall, they promote healthier legs and bodies. While there might not be a conclusive study about zero-drop shoes, there have been a lot of studies about how modern shoes are injuring us. So if wearing zero-drop shoes eliminates those issues, then why not try them?
- Are ECCO golf shoes zero drop?
ECCO was one of the first to manufacture zero-drop golf shoes. Their BIOM tech is all about natural movement, which is what barefoot zero-drop shoes promote.
ECCO has constantly worked on its BIOM technology to provide an even better experience. Now they use BIOM 2.0 in their shoes.
They don't explicitly mention zero drop in their product names anymore. But their shoes have always been about that barefoot experience, and you can say their products are close to zero-drop shoes.
ECCO is one of the few companies to put a lot of effort into giving players that barefoot zero drop experience in their golf shoes.
- What do podiatrists say about zero-drop shoes?
To answer briefly, Podiatrists don't recommend them. According to them, we pronate longer during our gait cycle when we walk or run barefoot on harder surfaces.
This can increase the risk of injuries. Especially risk is higher for people with flat feet as their feet pronate abnormally than for people with normal feet.
There is one more angle to look at this. While some people benefit a lot from using zero-drop shoes, some don't. Some people accustomed to barefoot running might not have issues because their bodies have adapted to it.
But most people who have been wearing modern footwear since they were born might have issues getting used to them. And that can lead to injuries.
All I can say is try them out before forming an opinion. See how it feels on your feet and how it affects your body. Do the testing slowly and gradually. Don't overdo it, as that can run the risk of injuries.
Let’s take a look at some questions you as a buyer, can ask before buying zero-drop shoes:
- Is a pair of zero-drop golf shoes worth spending the money on?
- What are the best zero-drop golf shoes you can take into consideration?
- What are the advantages included?
- Why is it important to possess minimalist golf shoes in daily life?
- What are the factors to keep in mind before investing in barefoot golf shoes?
Research and find answers to the above questions as they can help make a better decision.
What is certain is that these Zero Drop Shoes are worth the consideration and are going to be in the market for a very long run.
Getting the right zero-drop golf shoes advances your game, making you all comfy and grounded. Those who have made the switch to minimalistic shoes are not looking back to traditional heeled shoes.
Prepared with the principle of making the feet do what they were made to do, these Zero Drop Golf Shoes are the freedom that we can give to our feet.
But you do not have to rush to grab them, take a couple of test runs, make your feet get used to the new kind of shoes, get comfy in those minimalistic pair and then go for the trend, as your feet are not going to regret it.