Zumba and bad knees are nothing new at this point. Many people do Zumba workouts as they are fun and help burn a lot of calories compared to traditional workouts. Zumba increases heart rates, thus increasing blood flow and burning more calories. It is one of the best high-intensity workouts available.
The big problem with Zumba is that people go in way too excited and overdo themselves. Correct posture and clean movements are crucial if you want to avoid injuries. Many people don’t pay attention to their form during these workouts. You might not notice anything wrong at first, but when knee pain kicks in after a few months, this is when you will find out about it.
Whatever exercise you are doing, it’s crucial to start slowly and then gradually increase the intensity. Every workout has its nuances, just like Zumba does too. Learn those and master them before going all in. In this article, I’ll list and review the 10 best Zumba shoes for bad knees. You can try these shoes for doing Zumba.
- What Are the Best Zumba Dance Shoes For Bad Knees 2021
- 1. Ryka Women's Influence Cross Trainer – Best Shoes For Zumba And Aerobics
- 2. Reebok Women's Nano 9 Cross Trainers– Best Workout Shoes For Bad Knees
- 3. Zumba Air Classic Remix High Tops– Best Shoes For Zumba Workouts on wood
- 4. Mesh Slip On Air Cushion Lady Girls Modern Jazz Dance Easy Shoes– Best Shoes For Zumba And Walking
- 5. Ryka Women's Vida RZX – Best Shoes For Zumba Dance Classes
- 6. New Balance Women's 608 V5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer–Best New Balance Shoes For Zumba
- 7. ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Trail Runners– Best Shoes For Zumba And Hiit
- 8. Wonesion Women's Walking Running Shoes – Best Tennis Shoes For Zumba
- 9. Capezio Women's DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker – Best Workout Sneakers For Bad Knees
- 10. New Balance Women's FuelCore Nergize V1 Sneaker – Best Zumba Shoes For Wide Feet
What Are the Best Zumba Dance Shoes For Bad Knees 2021
I’ll list below the 10 best Zumba shoes you can use for bad knees. I’ll explain the choices in detail, so you can make an informed choice. From my experience, they are all great, to be honest, so it will mostly come down to personal preference and budget for you all. Let’s get started.
1. Ryka Women's Influence Cross Trainer – Best Shoes For Zumba And Aerobics
- BEST FOR: Dance fitness + Low-impact workouts
- PERFORMANCE TECH: N-Gage energy return foam for shape retention + cushioning on impact
- MADE FOR WOMEN FIT: Designed for a woman’s unique foot shape with a narrower heel, roomier toe, and softer foot cushioning
Ryka makes some of the best shoes for women. They do a lot of research about how women walk, run, and work out, different impact points are measured and noted and then all this data goes into making the perfect shoes for women. That’s why Ryka has been famous for women’s athletic shoes for quite a while now.
These shoes from Ryka are stylish and effective. They provide perfect balance while doing any activity. There is a good amount of cushioning on all sides to keep the feet comfortable during workouts. The upper of these shoes is designed using mesh, so it provides breathability. The outer sole is made using high-quality rubber.
These shoes provide incredible traction on all kinds of surfaces. The midsole has dual-density foam that absorbs all the shocks and keeps your feet safe from jerks. These are some of the best shoes for Zumba and HIIT workouts. Their design is geared towards delivering performance, and they don’t disappoint in that area.
2. Reebok Women's Nano 9 Cross Trainers– Best Workout Shoes For Bad Knees
- Flexweave woven textile upper provides resilient stretch and targeted support at key performance areas
- Designed for: CrossFit workouts, cardio, lifting sessions
- Midfoot cage for lightweight seamless support
Reebok is a well-known brand. They have a wide range of workout shoes that are both stylish and yet deliver the necessary performance for workouts. This is one of their best workout shoes for bad knees. Women have different requirements for workout shoes when compared to men, and Reebok has taken that into account when designing these shoes.
It has a very durable mesh upper. The whole construction is sturdy and provides great support for your feet. The shoes have good padding and cushioning on the inside. The neck and lip of the shoes are nicely padded for ankle support, which means your feet will stay comfortable and cosy inside. The breathability is also excellent due to the use of mesh.
One of the best features of these shoes is the wider toe-box, which allows free movement and doesn’t cram your toes. These are some of the best Zumba shoes for wide feet. Reebok has used high-quality carbon rubber under the toe part for more durability. Overall, these shoes are perfectly engineered for any workout. These are the best shoes for Zumba and aerobics.
3. Zumba Air Classic Remix High Tops– Best Shoes For Zumba Workouts on wood
- MAX SUPPORT WORKOUT SHOES: These high top sneakers for women have air technology for max impact protection; high rebound PU removable, insole is easily replaceable with any shoe sole inserts and Z-Slide technology allows you to pivot on any surface easily
- APPLICATIONS: Bring some flare to your dance fitness classes, yoga classes, gym workouts, athleisure activities; these zumba shoes for women are versatile and can be worn as workout shoes, gym shoes, dance shoes for women, casual sneakers, walking shoes
- HOW TO WEAR IT: You can easily mix and match these versatile dance sneakers with your favorite tops, leggings or any athletic tees; get other matching Zumba workout clothes for women - sports bras, womens athletic tops to complete a best workout outfit
You can guess from the name that the brand is totally dedicated to Zumba and other dance fitness workouts. They are known for making the best shoes for Zumba workouts. They have put a lot of time, effort, and money into engineering the shoes that provide much-needed support and balance during these workouts.
The upper of the shoes is made up of a composition of leather, PU, and textile. This gives them an incredibly stylish look. They are high-top shoes, so they provide all-around support for your ankles during these workouts. Shoes come with a shock-absorbing removable insole that you can replace with orthotics if you want.
The outsole provides traction on most surfaces. Even though they are not officially non-slip shoes, you might as well consider them non-slip. They will keep your feet planted and provide perfect balance during dance movements. The non-slip nature of these shoes makes them the best shoes for Zumba on wood.
4. Mesh Slip On Air Cushion Lady Girls Modern Jazz Dance Easy Shoes– Best Shoes For Zumba And Walking
- This shoe's sizing is equivalent to street shoe size.Width between medium and wide.
- Boxed toe for toe stands,super lightweight and flexible just like socks,breathable and smooth fabric provide great freedom and comfortable feeling. Let you enjoy your travel on holidays.
- MD out-sole with air cushion.High-quality rubber materail is non-slip and wear-resistant.Platform measures approximately 1.96''
These shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and durable. The lightweight feature can be attributed to the fact that these shoes come with an incredibly lightweight upper made from mesh. This top provides breathability and flexibility. Your feet can stay comfortable inside for longer if you want to use them like that.
These shoes are best for Zumba and walking. You can use them for multipurpose activities. There is a great amount of padding on the heel portion to provide you with balance and support. You will not feel sudden jerks to your feet or lower back. The midsole has an air cushion that absorbs all the shocks and keeps your feet safe.
The outsole provides traction on multiple surfaces. Slow Man has used non-slip and wear-resistant rubber for the outsole. Most of your back and foot issues will be gone after using these shoes. They have engineered them in a way that eliminates the risk of injury. Wider toes, lighter weight, and great support make these the best workout sneakers for bad knees.
5. Ryka Women's Vida RZX – Best Shoes For Zumba Dance Classes
- style: Vida Rzx
- outer_material: Synthetic
- closure_type: Lace Up
Ryka definitely knows what they are doing, which is why they have more than one shoe on this list. These shoes provide an incredible performance during dancing. Most dancers prefer these shoes for dance studios. They are the best shoes for Zumba classes that happen in dance studios.
Ryka has used a mesh upper with synthetic overlays that provide added support to your feet. This helps in keeping your feet in place while dancing. They come with a smooth liner and a well-cushioned insole. The forefoot is designed to be extra flexible to provide manoeuvrability and flexibility during dancing. A round toe at the front means your feet can stay comfortable for long periods. The brand uses proprietary RE-ZORB high-impact heel cushioning that absorbs all kinds of shocks and jerks. Furthermore, they are stylish and comfortable.
The rubber outsole is meticulously designed to allow free movement. It also has pivotal points that help you take sudden turns during dancing. All this helps in providing traction on most surfaces, especially wood surfaces. It makes them the best shoes for Zumba dance on wood surfaces.
6. New Balance Women's 608 V5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer–Best New Balance Shoes For Zumba
- PU Foam insert offers long-lasting comfort and support
- Lightweight injection-molded EVA foam midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- Phantom Liner interior has minimal seaming to help reduce irritation
New Balance is a longtime player in the sports footwear industry. The brand has numerous shoe ranges for different purposes. This one of them is best for different styles of workouts. These shoes can be used casually as well as for training workouts. They provide all-day comfort, and they do not tire your feet.
The upper is made from high-quality leather, as leather provides comfort to your feet, and your feet will feel nice inside them. New Balance has also added a lot of cushioning inside to keep your feet nicely tucked inside the shoes. The inner lining is soft, so it will not irritate your feet.
The midsole has a PU foam that is perfect for support and shock absorption. It also has an injection-moulded EVA foam in the midsole for cushioning. The outsole is made from slip-resistant rubber. These shoes provide agility and flexibility. They are surely one of the best New Balance shoes for Zumba.
7. ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Trail Runners– Best Shoes For Zumba And Hiit
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
Asics Gel-Venture 6 is an amazing new product in their lineup. This is the 6th iteration of the shoe, with it being even more refined than before. They have done a lot of studies on how our feet work and have engineered these shoes accordingly. This is an amalgamation of years of data gathered from the feet studies. These shoes are stylish and good-looking.
They are great at providing stability and support, thanks to their design. Your feet stay in place even during a rigorous workout, which is much needed for Zumba. The shoes come with a removable sock liner, so people can use orthotics without any problem. EVA foam in the midsole helps cushion your feet on every impact.
The outer sole provides a good amount of traction. Treads on these shoes are more prominent, so they reduce slipperiness even on muddy or wet surfaces. Overall, these shoes are durable and provide absolute comfort for your feet. Their trailing ability makes them great for high-intensity workouts like Zumba. This is one of the best shoes for Zumba and HIIT.
8. Wonesion Women's Walking Running Shoes – Best Tennis Shoes For Zumba
- 【UPPER】Fashion knitted mesh material and lightweight support maximizes the upper and let your foot always keeps dry and cool.
- 【OUTSOLES】The sole Is made of hollow carved technology, providing stable support and optimal shock absorption for sport.
- 【INSOLE】The insole adopt honeycomb hole design, Keep your feet balanced and protect your ankle ,tongues and feet from hurt.
These shoes from Wonesion are incredibly stylish and hipster. Wonesion has made a great effort to make these shoes perfect for women. It has a synthetic mesh upper that provides support, and breathability. This helps to keep your feet dry even during intense workouts. They can also be used as tennis sneakers due to their non-slip nature.
Inside the shoes, there is a lot of cushioning to keep your feet comfortable. The insole has a honeycomb design, which provides balance and also keeps the ankle protected. The midsole has light cushioning that gives support to your foot arch. All these things make it perfect for bad knees as it minimizes the pressure on your knees.
The outsole uses hollow carved technology developed by Wonesion. Shock absorption is the next level in these shoes compared to others. The rubber outsoles are also non-slip, which means they provide traction on multiple surfaces. These are surely the best tennis shoes for Zumba.
9. Capezio Women's DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker – Best Workout Sneakers For Bad Knees
- Women: Begin 1/2 - 1 size up from street shoe size. Men: Begin 2 1/2 - 3 sizes up from street shoe size. This shoe tends to run narrow
- Split-sole design, Combination PU Nubuck and imitation suede upper combined with breathable SBR nylex mesh
- Perforated arch for ventilation, Non-marking PU outsole with built-in patented flex points and forepart spin spot
Capezio is a well-known brand in the dance community. Their shoes have been recommended by many great dancers. The DS24 Rockit Dance sneaker is an incredible product that delivers precision and performance in dancing. Capezio has engineered these shoes to provide the best possible dancing experience for dancers.
It uses a combination of materials for its upper. Nubuck and imitation suede uppers combined with Nylex mesh are used to make the upper of these shoes. These shoes provide breathability, stability, and durability. The tongue, collar, and heel area are nicely padded to keep your feet comfortable. The arch of the shoes is perforated to provide airiness and reduce odour.
The footbed of these shoes is made from soft EVA. It adapts to your feet and provides soft cushioning. It is also removable, so you can add orthotics if you want. The toe-box is big and wide, allowing your feet more breathing room. The PU outsole of these shoes comes with patented flex points and spin points to provide agility while dancing. This is one of the best shoes for Zumba workouts.
10. New Balance Women's FuelCore Nergize V1 Sneaker – Best Zumba Shoes For Wide Feet
- These shoes have a performance fit. We recommend ordering a 1/2 size bigger than your typical NB size.
- Midsole Cushioning: These New Balance sneakers feature a REVlite midsole that delivers incredibly lightweight cushioning and provides a responsive ride for comfortable all-day wear
- Underfoot Comfort: With an NB Memory Sole Comfort Insert that offers a plush feel with every step, this everyday shoe for women was made for wearing anywhere and everywhere
Another shoe from New Balance is on this list. This is their highly rated sneaker for multipurpose use. It has a sleek and minimalist design, which is desirable for many people. They are incredibly lightweight yet sturdy. These cross-trainers are perfect for doing Zumba workouts.
The upper of the shoes is made from 50% mesh and 50% synthetic, which is why they are so lightweight. This is also why they have so much breathability. New Balance uses a proprietary NB memory sole that provides a plush feeling to your feet. They also use a REVlite midsole to enhance comfort and support more.
The outsole is made from high-quality rubber. These shoes have good enough traction for most surfaces. All this insole, midsole, and outsole technology helps your feet stay supported and stable during intense workouts. It also provides shock absorption that helps protect your knees. This is, without doubt, one of the best workout sneakers for bad knees.
Checkout: Best Salsa Dance Shoes
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you do Zumba with bad knees?
Zumba can be done even with bad knees, but you have to be extremely careful. You need proper footwear that allows free movement and doesn't put a strain on your knees as you twist and turn. Secondly, avoid extreme Zumba moves as they can put a high amount of pressure on your knees.
- What are the best shoes to wear when you have knee problems?
The best shoes are the ones with great support and shock absorption capacity. Normal day-to-day activities put pressure on your knees, so imagine how much pressure intense workouts might be putting on your knees. If you have knee problems, well-cushioned shoes with good stability should be preferred.
- Which exercises are bad for the knees?
All exercises put some amount of pressure on the knees. You always have to start slow and steady before you move on to more intense exercise. Your knee needs to accommodate and adjust to all the workouts you are doing. Extreme exercises are almost always bad for the knees. They might provide short-term benefits, but their long-term side effects are deadly.
- What are the negative effects of Zumba?
The most common negatives are injuries. You can get ankle sprains, muscle spasms, hamstring injuries, and calf injuries during Zumba. But these injuries can also happen to any other dance form or workout. This is why patience is key. You need to pace yourself during these workout sessions and not jump into intense sessions right away.
- Why does Zumba hurt my knees?
Zumba involves a lot of twisting and turning during workout sessions. These movements are consistently putting pressure on your knees. In the worst case, they might even tear a muscle or ligament. When you turn during dancing while your foot remains behind, that's when the knee is under the highest amount of pressure. This situation should be avoided at all costs. Starting slow is the only solution for that.
- Are memory foam shoes bad for your knees?
Memory foam has a different purpose. Its purpose is to provide comfort and adaptability for moderate exercise. For many people, memory foam is too soft and causes them to lose balance. This continuously puts pressure on the knees as your body keeps trying to correct your posture.
Moderation is the key to any exercise. Overdoing exercises will not help anybody. It’s important to remember that your body needs adequate rest for it to recover. If you feel you are having knee pain, then find out the reason behind it. I have provided you with the 10 best Zumba shoes for bad knees above. Try them out, and I am sure you will see the difference.
I have done thorough research on these shoes before coming up with the 10 best shoes. You won’t go wrong with buying any of them. Knee pain is a horrible thing. It hinders your everyday activities and reduces your interest in activities. It is crucial to analyze your pain and take a step back if it is needed.
You might feel like powering through the pain, but it is not advisable to do that, as things can get even worse. All these high-intensity workouts can be addicting, so there are high chances of people overdoing them. You have to immediately stop yourself if you feel like you are overdoing it. Once you damage your knee, it takes months or years to recover from that injury or pain.
I hope my thorough article on this subject has helped you answer the critical question, what are the best shoes for Zumba? Working out is a great habit, don’t let it turn into a nightmare for you. I hope this information helps. Take care and have fun doing Zumba.