The converse brand is versatile in manufacturing some of the best pairs of shoes. These Converse shoes are just perfect with any outfit you choose for every occasion.
It has low top and high top varieties with different ranges of style, pattern, materials and colours. These converse shoes are best to wear for your workouts or gym session.
It just enhances your performance throughout. The white converse is the first choice for everyone. But the fact that it’s white. Then it has to be the first one to get dirty.
So you must know how to clean white converse without turning them yellow. Below are a few of the methods that can clean your converse shoes well without causing any damage to them.
- How To Clean/Wash White Converse Without Turning Them Yellow?
- Method 1: How to wash white converse With Baking Soda And Vinegar
- Method 2: How to clean white converse With Hydrogen Peroxide And Baking Soda
- Method 3: How to clean converse With Nail Polish Remover/Acetone
- Method 4: How to wash converse with bleach
- Method 5: Wash Converse in the Washer
- Method 6: Clean Converse with Toothpaste
- How To Remove Yellow Stains From White Converse?
- How Do I Keep White Converse Clean?
How To Clean/Wash White Converse Without Turning Them Yellow?
Method 1: How to wash white converse With Baking Soda And Vinegar
- Baking soda and vinegar are items that are found in every household easily.
- Plus you will be amazed at the usage of these materials to clean your iconic white converse shoes.
- Start by mixing the baking soda and white vinegar in a bowl. Make sure you use a glass bowl.
- Always take a 1:2 ratio of both materials. Like, take 1 tablespoon baking soda then take 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Then add a cup of warm water to it and mix them. Make a solution by mixing all the items.
- You can use a piece of cloth or an old toothbrush to scrub the white converse.
- Then take the cloth or toothbrush and dip in the solution prepared. Then start rubbing the shoes to keep the dirt off the shoes.
- The scrubbing should be not so hard and always gently scrub the shoes.
- Let the paste on your converse shoes dry. Once it is dry take off the remaining paste from the converse shoes.
- Keep your converse white shoes dry under the air. Once they are dry. You can wear them again.
- Most of the time, baking soda and vinegar work wonder on cleaning the white converse shoes. But still, if it doesn’t work in your favour try another method below.
Method 2: How to clean white converse With Hydrogen Peroxide And Baking Soda
- Baking soda is the tested item to clean the white shoes especially.
- Also, baking soda is full of properties that make your white shoes clean again without damaging any of their material or colour.
- Plus baking soda can be used regularly for cleaning white converse shoes.
- Similarly using baking soda with another effective compound hydrogen peroxide on white converse to clean them properly.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.
- Then mix both of them and make a paste. Put some water to mix them properly.
- Use the paste with any old or waste toothbrush on the stain or dirty parts of the shoes.
- Rub the affected area gently in a circular motion.
- This will make the solution absorb in the fabric of white converts and it will agitate the soil.
- Once you’re done massaging the paste on the shoes.
- Take a piece of clean cloth and wipe the additional dirt from the shoes.
- And also wash the toothbrush you used to rub the paste.
- Repeat the process once again and coat two layers of the paste.
- Once you finish, wash off your white converse with water.
- Keep the white concerning shoes for drying.
- Once they are completely dry, wear them all new and cleaned.
Method 3: How to clean converse With Nail Polish Remover/Acetone
- This is the easiest way to clean your favourite white converse. Plus they are effective in cleaning your white converse.
- The ingredients needed for this method is just a nail polish remover or acetone and a cotton pad or ball.
- Using a nail polish remover that contains acetone is preferable in this method.
- Take some nail polish remover on a cotton pad or soak the cotton ball in the remover or acetone.
- Then start dabbing the stained or dirty part of your white converse with it.
- If the stain or dirt doesn’t go away easily, start rubbing the area a little bit but not so harshly.
- Rub the area gently using the cotton ball. This will help you remove the stubborn stains from your white converse.
- Once you finish the process, let the shoes rest with nail polish remover on their fabric for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then after 10 minutes wash your white converse with liquid soap water or you can use powder soap.
- Rinse the white converse shoes thoroughly.
- Let all the dirt and acetone remove from the converse.
- You can also wash them in a washing machine.
- And lastly, keep the white converse shoes dry completely.
- You can also place your white converse to dry under the sunlight.
- This method can be used on an emergency basis.
Method 4: How to wash converse with bleach
- Bleach is not a very mild compound. Yet they are very effective in cleaning white converse shoes.
- Some say that using bleach on white converse will make them lose their original colour and fade away.
- However, using bleach in the right proportion and steps will not cause any harm to your white converse.
- You can use bleach by diluting them with water. And using a toothbrush scrub off the stained areas of white converse.
- Also, you can take a bleach of about 50 ml along with toothpaste and baking soda.
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and make a running taste using warm water. You can also put some drops of lemon into the paste.
- Then using a toothbrush scrub the stained or dirty parts of white converse shoes.
- Or also you can use the paste on the whole shoe.
- Once the paste is dry, wash them with clean water.
- You can also use lemon to wipe off the paste.
- Lemon acts as a natural bleach agent.
- Or you can wash them in the washing machine with a gentle cycle.
- Remember to use the bleach on the rubber portion of the shoes and not on the canvas part.
Method 5: Wash Converse in the Washer
- This method is a bit risky but this can make your white converse shoes clean and white again.
- This can help you to deep clean your white shoes.
- Put your white converse shoes in the washing machine.
- Use a very mild detergent or any detergent that is not much strong.
- Run the washing machine on a very mild cycle.
- Use cold water and do not run the cycle very high.
- This way it can destroy your white converse shoes.
- Never use bleach or detergent that contains chlorine. It is very harmful when washing white converse shoes.
- Plus these chemicals make your white converse have more stains. Due to its reaction with the fabrics of the shoes.
- Also, place the shoes wrapped in a laundry bag or mesh bag in the washing machine.
- It will protect your white converse shoes from the harsh cycle of the machine.
- Once you are done washing the white converse shoes, place them to dry in the air.
- Next up you can also place them under the sun to make them completely dry in a short period.
- Never use a dryer to make your white converse shoes dry as it can destroy the material parts of the shoes.
Method 6: Clean Converse with Toothpaste
- One of the most basic and go-to methods to clean the white converse shoes.
- Every house has toothpaste. Plus the old or the damaged toothbrush is all the ingredients you need for this method.
- Take a toothpaste on the toothbrush and start applying it to the white converse shoes.
- Once you apply the toothpaste on the entire white converse shoes.
- Next, you can put the shoes in water. Let it soak for a while.
- Or else you can scrub a little bit using the toothbrush on your shoes.
- When your toothpaste is completely dry.
- Rinse off the shoes with water and clean the entire shoes.
- Then another step is you can also wash in the washing machine to wipe off the paste.
- And the last step is always to keep the white converse shoes dry under sunlight or air dry them.
- You can use the toothpaste that contains baking soda in its ingredients.
- This works better with removing the stains from white converse shoes.
- Baking soda is the best cleanser.
- Or else use the toothpaste that has whitening properties in it.
- Never use toothpaste that contains gel or colour based materials.
- Toothpaste with colour can stain your white converse shoes even more.
How To Remove Yellow Stains From White Converse?
Whenever you have any white shoes they tend to get oxidized. Similarly, Converse shoes also get yellow stains after some time. These yellow stains can be removed by using a non-gel-based toothpaste and toothbrush. Take a small amount of toothpaste on your brush.
Then start rubbing the converse shoes gently till the yellow stains turn white again. Remember to not rub the brush very hard. It can damage the converse shoe more. Keep the toothpaste on the shoes for about 5 to 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are done.
Take a clean cloth to wipe the toothpaste from the converse. Make sure to dry the toothpaste completely. Also, clean the entire converse well with a cloth. By using this way, you can remove the yellow stains from your white converse shoes.
How Do I Keep White Converse Clean?
So any white converse sneaker can be cleaned with your hand only. First, remove the laces of the converse shoes. Then rub them gently with a soft brush and clean the dirt. Then using the same brush clean the rubber trim, tongue and grooves of the converse sneakers. Next, take any dish liquid and mix it with warm water. Use this solution to clean the shoes.
Also, use any soft cloth or a brush with the solution prepared. Then gently wipe the entire shoes. Don’t forget to clean the outsole and toe area. Plus you can also soak your shoelaces in this solution to clean them properly.
Lastly, use and damp cloth with clean water to rinse off the shoes with solutions. You can also make use of paper towels to dry the converse. Make them dry fully under room temperature. Do not put white converse sneakers in sunlight to dry. Dry the laces separately by squeezing additional water from them.
- Can you put converse in the dryer?
Never put your converse in a dryer, especially white ones. The dryer will break the shoes and damage them completely. Also, it can decrease the rate of adhesive that keeps the shoe bound together. So avoid washing converse in a dryer.
- Can I put my Converse in the washing machine?
So most of the time it is not safe to wash the white converse in the washing machine. Also, the brand itself claims it is dangerous to wash a white converse in a machine. As the washing cycle might damage the shoes. But if you use the above method to wash your converse using a washing machine. Then you may get successful at washing them in a machine.
- Can you bleach white converses?
You can bleach your white converse using liquid bleach, gloves and a plastic tub. Bleach is used to clean the white converse. Plus it makes them all white again after they turn yellow. Don't put up your white converse directly into the bleach solution. Make them clean with a cloth or rag before washing with bleach.
- What is the best way to clean my white Converse?
The best way to clean the white converse is by the basic thing. You will be surprised to see the result by hand. There are no hard steps to wash white converse with white hands. Just follow the above-given method and your white converse is clean.
- How do you deep clean Converse?
You can deep clean your white converse. By the method that is explained above with using a dish liquid. Just follow all the steps and make your white converse clean and new again.
- Can you dry Converse with a hairdryer?
Yes, a hairdryer can be used with converse. But make sure to use a hairdryer for only a few minutes. Using a hairdryer for a longer time can make your white converse warp. Lastly, if your hairdryer has a cold setting then it is the best way for your converse.
- How do you make old Converse look new?
So to make your white converse look all new again. You can use toothpaste. Take some toothpaste on a brush and gently rub your white converse. Rub the brush especially on the stain or dirty part of shoes. Leave the toothpaste for a while and rinse the shoes.
How to wash white converse – Conclusion :
Once you go through all the methods and tips on How To Clean White Converse shoes. Then you can easily maintain your iconic white converse shoes. And make them last for a longer period. Nobody likes their white shoes dirty. It makes a bad impression on your look. Plus with time they tend to turn yellow by oxidation.
So always try to clean them and wear them all white. Make sure to use the above method to clean them properly. Also, follow the steps mentioned to avoid any further damage or stains on your favourite white converse. Never wash your white converse in the dryer. It will damage them. Keep your white converse always shining with the same look as a new pair of shoes.