With white Vans shoes, we always struggle to maintain the look of the shoe. Whenever there is white it has to turn yellow after a while and how to clean white vans that turned yellow? White vans uppers are usually constructed from a cotton canvas and it catches the dirt or strain very quickly. We always struggle to get the right things that make that yellow stain to be white again. And we can finally have shoes back in their real colors. However, often the various ways or tricks don’t work with white vans shoes. But some are great tips that make them clean and tidy like new shoes.
- How To Get Yellow Stains Out Of White Shoes
- Why Do White Shoes Turn Yellow?
- How To Clean White Slip On Vans?
- How To Clean Checkered Vans?
- How To Clean Suede Vans?
- How To Clean Canvas Vans?
- Can You Bleach White Vans?
- How To Get Yellow Stains Out Of White Shoes?
- Can I Put My Vans In The Washing Machine?
- How Can I Clean My White Leather Vans?
- How To Clean White Shoes With Oxiclean?
- Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
- Conclusion :
How To Get Yellow Stains Out Of White Shoes
Why Do White Shoes Turn Yellow?
White shoes are meant to turn yellow. We all love to wear white shoes but it comes with a con which they turn yellow after some time.
- The reason can be many and one of the reasons could be the shoes getting exposed to the air with time and it turns yellow.
- As oxidation can occur naturally.
- The other reason can be the sweat of the feet plus the dirt which is soaked by the white shoes and makes them turn yellow.
- The dirt gets absorbed in the materials of the white shoes and makes them fade away from the white color.
- Furthermore, when you clean your white shoes and if you have not cleaned them properly then they can also turn yellow. Cleaning the white shoe with the appropriate method is mandatory.
- Otherwise, you will end up with yellow shoes despite the white shoes. Plus not every cleaning solution or method is great to use while you clean your white shoes.
You need to be careful while applying or using any liquid or product to clean your white shoes. Otherwise, you will end up regretting it more than before.
How To Clean White Slip On Vans?
There are many ways in which you can wash your white slip on vans.
- The first is the easiest one and takes only a little effort. All you have to do is put your white slip on vans in a mesh bag and make them run in the washing machine on a very gentle cycle.
- Also, put your white slip-on Vans alone in the washing machine. Do not put other things with it.
- Add a detergent that is mild and make sure that you don’t use much detergent. After the process just makes white slip on dry completely.
- Next, you need some toothpaste and you have to take a toothbrush and gently rub the shoes in a circular motion, especially on the yellow stains.
- Then wait for 15 to 20 min and let the paste get completely dry.
- Then using a towel or wet sponge wipe the paste and you are done.
- Also, you can repeat the process if you don’t see any results.
- The other thing you can do to clean the white slip-on Vans is use bleach.
- The only catch is that you have to use bleach which is diluted in water. Undiluted bleach is harmful and can make your white shoes yellow.
- Take a scrubber or a brush and take some bleach solution and scrub the stains on the shoes.
- Then gently rinse the white slip-on shoes with water.
Furthermore, you can also repeat the process if needed or until the stain is gone.Sometimes stains are very stubborn and they need to be cleaned 3 to 4 times.
How To Clean Checkered Vans?
Method 1: Using Soap
- To clean the checkered vans you have to first remove the laces from your Vans shoes then you can clean them easily.
- Also, if your checkered Vans are very dirty then put your Vans in a bowl of water that is warm with soap or liquid soap for about 20 minutes.
- Then clean your shoes with water and keep them aside to dry completely.
Method 2: Using Baking Soda with Hyderogen Peroxide(H2O2)
- Furthermore, the next method you case is to take baking soda with hydrogen peroxide plus warm water in a bowl and mix everything.
- Rub this solution using an old toothbrush on the stains or spots of your shoes. You don’t need to rub so hard just gently use the solution and you are done.
- Before leaving your desk you have to air dry them.
Method 3: Using Warm Soapy Water
- In addition, you can use warm soapy water to clean your checkered shoes.
- With the help of a rag dipped in the mixture just wipe the shoes in a very gentle circular motion and focus more on the stained part and make sure to clean the inner part of the shoes.
- Once you are done then clean the whole shoes with a wet cloth then with a dry cloth.
Method 4: Using Acrylic Paint
The last option you can do is to paint the faded shoes with acrylic paint.
- Like painting the stained yellow part with a brush. Or you can paint the squares which are faded.
- It will make your checkered look new again.
- And those stained or dirty checkered shoes will get a makeover.
How To Clean Suede Vans?
The Suede Vans are extremely expensive and it is very sensitive to getting damaged very conveniently. And if the shoes get any stains or dirt you have to clean the suede shoes properly.
Method 1: Using Suede Brush
- To clean the suede vans you have to first remove the shoelace if they have and always wash them separately to get the laces completely cleaned.
- Then take a suede brush to get the dry dirt or any stain on the shoes to be cleaned. Or else you can just use your hands to clean the dry dirt.
Method 2: Using Sneaker Wipes
- Furthermore, you can also use the sneaker wipes as an option to remove the spots or stains from the suede vans shoes.
- But do not forget to check the wipes brand as to whether it is safe to go with suede shoes or not.
Method 3: Using Magic Eraser
- In addition, you can use the Magic eraser which is a damp melamine sponge to make the white rubber around the sole of the shoes get cleaned.
Suede Vans are cleaned with these methods and you have to take care of a few points with suede vans. Like you can’t wash your suede vans in the washing machine or wash them with water. Suede vans don’t go well with the cleaning of water. Always try to keep your suede vans away from water.
Method 4: Using Vinegar
Furthermore, if the stains of your suede vans are very stubborn then you can try to clean them with vinegar and water.
- Take vinegar and water in equal quantities and mix them.
- Then dip a cloth in the mixture and clean your shoes gently on the dirty or stained part.
How To Clean Canvas Vans?
Canvas Vans are the only shoes from vans that can be washed using the washing machine.
Method 1: Using Washing Machine
- Just make sure that you don’t put other things with your shoes in the washing to be cleaned.
- Always remove the shoelaces of the canvas vans before putting them in the machine.
- A gentle cycle with a mild detergent should be preferred while washing canvas vans.
Method 2: Using Baking Soda + Hydrogen Peroxide ( H2O2)
The other method to clean the canvas vans is by using hydrogen peroxide plus baking soda.
- Combine both Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda and make it into a paste.
- Use the paste to scrub the shoes using a toothbrush and coat the whole shoe with the paste.
- Coat the whole shoes and coat more on the stained part to get completely cleaned canvas vans.
- Then keep the shoes under the sunlight and once the shoes are dry.
- Next rub the paste to get off the shoes and wipe the shoes with a wet cloth.
- Then again keep the shoes to get dry under the sunlight.
Method 3: Diluted Bleach
Furthermore, you can use diluted bleach to clean your canvas vans shoes.
- Always prefer diluted bleach and scrub your shoes with the bleach gently.
- And keep the shoes to get dry completely.
Although all the methods work depending on the conditions of the canvas vans shoes, washing them in the washing machine is not a bad idea.
Can You Bleach White Vans?
Yes, you can bleach your white vans to make them white again. Although bleach is a very harmful substance and can ruin your shoes or stain more, using it appropriately can do wonders for your white vans.
- Bleach can be useful in cleaning your shoes and making them while again.
- Firstly, see to it that your bleach does not contain the ingredients like chlorine or ammonia.
- These two ingredients should not be used together as they can cause the shoes and make yellow.
- You have to use the bleach on shoes by diluting them with a cup of water.
- And prefer a piece of cloth to rinse the shoes with bleach.
- All you need to do is soak the cloth in diluted bleach and clean your Vans white shoes gently.
- You can adjust the bleach and water based on how many white shoes you prefer.
- You can scrub the shoes with bleach but know where you have to stop and how much scrubbing is needed for your shoes.
Always be careful while using the bleach on the white shoes otherwise you will land in trouble.
How To Get Yellow Stains Out Of White Shoes?
You can make your white shoes free from yellow stains in summer. Summers are a great time when you clean your white shoes. As you get the hot temperature plus the sunlight to dry the shoes properly. White shoes tend to turn yellow during the winters mostly.
Method : Using 40 Volume Creme
Here are some of the methods to make them all white again. You can use the 40 Volume Creme for your white
You can make your white shoes free from yellow stains in summer. Summers are a great time when you clean your white shoes. As you get the hot temperature plus the sunlight to dry the shoes properly. White shoes tend to turn yellow during the winters mostly. Here are some of the methods to make them all white again.
- You can use the 40 Volume Creme for your white shoes to make them white all over. 40 Volume creme is available at every Beauty parour shop. It comes at a cheap price also.
- You just have to apply the creme to the yellow shoes with a paintbrush to perfectly apply the creme.
- And paint the whole shoes with the Creme.
- Next, you have to take a plastic wrapper which should be longer than your shoes.
- Then place the shoes on the plastic wrap by putting the sole down.
- And finally, wrap the shoes in plastic wrap. All this will make 40 Volume Creme.
- Adjust in the place plus it gives what is required to set the shoes in place with Creme.
- Furthermore, you have to place your shoes in the sun along with wrapped plastic. With the help of the sun, the shoes will be set within 30-40 min into white color shoes.
- In 30-40 min, you have to rotate the shoes to make them dry from all angles.
- Once it is done uncover the shoes from the plastic wrap and with the help of warm water plus a scrub brush wash the shoes by gently scrubbing the creme.
- Do not use much water, use only enough quantity of water to rinse off the shoes.
If your shoes have turned completely yellow then you have to repeat this process 3-4 times and then only you will get the results.
Can I Put My Vans In The Washing Machine?
Yes, you can put the Vans in the washing machine but there is an exception like you only put your canvas Vans in the washing machines.
- Otherwise, if you try to wash your other Vans shoes they will be damaged.
- Also, if you’re washing your canvas vans in the washing machine keep the machine on the gentle cycle.
- The cycle should not be too strong to destroy the shoes.
- Plus, always prefer cold water to wash the canvas shoes along with detergent which is mild and not strong.
- In addition, make use of your old dump towels for dump protection for your washing machine.
- Furthermore, before you put your canvas Vans shoes in the washing machine make sure to remove the shoelaces.
- And if you want to clean your other vans shoes then do not use the washing machine and prefer washing them with your hands.
- What you can do is remove the insoles plus laces of your Vans shoes then gently rub the shoes with your hand using the warm water plus mild detergent.
- Then make your vans shoes wrap in a towel and make sure to remove all the extra water before you put your vans shoes in the sunlight to get completely dry.
- Furthermore, you can use Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda together to make the vans shoes white again.
- As peroxide is a bleach plus baking soda is a natural cleanser. Mixing them both with water and rinsing the shoes with this mixture can make your Vans turn white again.
Always be careful while you ways your vans in the washing machine and use the steps properly.
How Can I Clean My White Leather Vans?
The white leather vans should be preferred to clean my hands as it is more effective and advisable too. The leather Vans should not be cleaned using the washing machine. You can use the methods given below to clean your white leather vans shoes.
Method 1: Using Baking Soda with Water ( H2O)
The first method is to use baking soda with water.
- You have to take baking soda and water in double quantity than baking soda.
- Make a paste and then use a piece of cloth to scrub the dirt or stain on your white leather vans gently.
- Rub more on the stained parr to clean it better. Do the scrubbing until you get that white colour again.
- Once you are done wipe the shoes with a cloth and keep them under the sunlight to get completely dry.
- Then use a leather conditioner on the shoes to avoid further damage.
Method 2: Using Nikwax footwear cleaning gel
The other method is to clean the white leather vans with a Nikwax footwear cleaning gel.
- Take the get on a synthetic brush to clean the shoe dirt or stained part.
- Then keep your shoes dry and use any conditioner or waterproof product on the shoes.
Hope this method will make your white leather van shoes get cleaned completely.
How To Clean White Shoes With Oxiclean?
Oxiclean is a great powder for cleaning the yellow stain, also if you have tried many other stain removers and you have not got the results then Oxiclean may work for you. For cleaning your white shoes with the help of OxiClean,
- You have to first remove the shoelaces as it will give better areas to reach and clean the part.
- Also, when you clean every part of the shoe, your white shoes will shine like new shoes.
- Then clean the shoes if there is any kind of dirt on the white shoes.
- Pay attention to every crack and corner of the shoes as when the shoes are dry many dirt can be cleaned but once you make the shoes wet you can’t clean them.
- The next step will be to prepare the solutions of OxiClean powder including some warm water and a few drops of any soap available at your home.
- Use this paste to rub your white shoes using an old toothbrush.
- Rub the shoe with gentle hands.
- Once you are done rubbing use water to rinse the shoes.
- Then dry them off completely, though you can dry them under the sunlight it is advisable to make them dry using a microfiber towel.
Microfiber towel is a really good option to dry your shoes in every area of the shoe. It acts as an effective means to dry the shoes completely.
How Does Baking Soda Remove Yellow Stains From White Shoes?
- You have to make a paste of baking soda along with water.
- Then take a brush and dip the brush in the paste and apply the paste to the yellow stain on the shoes.
- Wait 30 min after applying the paste and then rinse the shoes with water or you can simply use the wet sponge to wipe the shoes off.
Why Do White Shoes Turn Yellow After Washing?
White shoes turning yellow after washing is due to the shoes not drying properly. The wet part attracts the dirt and mud very easily and makes your shoes stain yellow.
Another reason could be the reaction of the bleach. Bleach can be reactive if not used properly. Excessive water to wash the shoes is not a great idea and it can lead to staining the shoes.
How do you clean yellow soles?
You clean the yellow soles of the shoes by using three different methods.
- First, you can use hydrogen peroxide plus baking soda to clean the soles of shoes.
- Another one is bleach plus water and rub the soles with a brush and make them clean.
- The last one is using toothpaste. You can use a brush and rub the toothpaste on soles and clean them.
Does Hydrogen Peroxide Make Your Shoes Yellow?
No, hydrogen peroxide doesn’t make your shoes yellow. It helps to remove the yellow stain on your white shoes. Peroxide is a type of bleach and it helps in bleaching the shoes to remove the yellow stains.
Plus, hydrogen peroxide can be diluted with a cup of water to use as bleach and it can be very effective in removing the yellow stain.
How To Clean White Vans With A Magic Eraser?
Magic erasers are beneficial in cleaning white vans shoes.
- You can wet the magic eraser and then using the eraser wipe the stains on the sole of the vans shoes or any other area containing stains.
- Magic erasers work wonderfully with the stains.
- After erasing just use water, a 3-4 drop of gentle soap liquid and wash off the shoes.
How To Prevent Yellow Bleach Stains On White Shoes?
- You can use bleach which is dye-free and does not contain any type of dye.
- When you use bleach with yellow dye, it can stain you with yellow colour.
Also, you can use bleach by diluting it with water. It can prevent the yellow bleach stains on the white shoes. Bleach directly applied to white shoes can cause yellow stains.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
- How can I clean my Vans shoes?
You can clean your Vans shoes by simply washing them with your hands using warm water and detergent which is not very strong. Also, canvas vans can be washed in the washing machine without the shoelace.
- Can you bleach Vans?
Not all the shoes from the brand Vans can be bleached. However, you can bleach some Vans shoes by proper method and ensure that you appropriately use the bleach.
- Can you clean Vans with toothpaste?
Yes, you can clean Vans with toothpaste. Certain types of toothpaste can work for cleaning Vans but not completely. You can apply the toothpaste with the brush on the shoes and leave it for 10-15 min then wipe the toothpaste with a wet cloth.
I hope we have provided very much deep insightful detailed information regarding “How to Clean White Vans that turned yellow?”. It is important to know which method or tips will work for your white vans and you can then apply it successfully. However, there is no guarantee that it will turn the whole white like a new shoe but sometimes it can fade a little yellow color only or sometimes it can take away the whole yellow stain.
Furthermore, there are several detergents and sources from where you can try to make your White vans free from yellow stains. You need to be very careful while you choose what works best for your Vans white shoes. Bleaching, toothpaste or using 40 volume Creme for removing the yellow stains from the white shoes are effective. However, if the results are not visible on the very first try then you should not get upset.
You have to be consistent and keep on trying the whole process at least 3 to 4 times. I am sure you will see different results after a successful effort. It’s only a matter of time and you will wear your white shoes again without those yellow stains. I hope all the information helped in some or other ways to make your shoes get that white color back.